If we want immigration reform, we need to fight for it!
We are calling on everyone to join us for a rally at the steps of Jersey City City Hall to speak out and to tell everyone that the TIME IS NOW for comprehensive immigration reform!
We will be having speakers from various community organizations to speak on issues affecting the immigrant community and why we need immigration reform now.
What: Rally for Immigrant Rights and public hearing for Ordinance No. 13-047 “Establishing Immigrant Affairs Commission in Jersey City” (Click here to rsvp)
* we ask that folks bring wall clocks and placards that says how long you’ve been waiting for immigration reform or to see a family member
Where: Jersey City, City Hall | 280 Grove Street, Jersey City, NJ
When: April 24, Wednesday | 5:30pm – 9:00pm
*Afterwards, there will be a public hearing to discuss City Ordinance no. 13-047. This ordinance establishes an immigrant affairs commission in Jersey City. This immigrant affairs commission will help our mostly immigrant community in gathering resources/services, conduct studies and provide recommendations to the city council and mayor about our community’s needs.
– Anakbayan New Jersey
– Social Justice Club of Saint Peter’s University
– Gothic Knights Grassroots
– American Friends Services Committee
* If your organization wants to endorse this action, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact Anakbayan New Jersey at email@example.com or Bea Sabino, Chairperson, (201)7796886